Saturday, February 5, 2011

Long Lost Pen-pal.........




Hello
Do you remember me?
I am your long lost pen pal
It must have been ten years ago we last wrote
I don’t really know what happened
I guess life came in the way
Let me know if you’re still alive
Let me know if you ever used that knife or not.......

Hello
Yes, I remember you
I’ve got a husband and two children now
I work as an accountant and make fairly good money
I still have your letters
You used a pink pen to write them
And you would comfort me
When my tears would stain the ink
And I would send you mixtapes with Kate Bush on......

I have to admit I sometimes lied in those letters
Tried to make life better than it was
I still wasn’t kissed at sixteen
And I still need a friend..............

There was this letter
I never told you this back then
But it would be fair to say it saved my life
I sat in the window
The only one left out from the party again
Pretty sure I didn’t have a single friend
Then I checked the mailbox.................

Dear long lost pen pal
I was lying the whole time
I’m really a 46 years old man named Luke
I have three children and a wife
She doesn’t care
And I hope you don’t resent me
And I hope that you don’t hate me
For trying to find my way back to what it’s like to be young .........


偶然我也会思念起我那两位笔友,虽然我们只通信,还是在许多年前的一个深夜里。我已忘了他们的名字(或许应该说没见过),却依旧记得那张泛黄的信笺,浅浅歪歪斜斜的钢笔笔迹。

我喜欢纸张上淡淡的怀旧的味道。那时,我们的心因为同样忧伤迷茫而相互吸引,相互靠近。不知道现在,他的身边有没有能让他的心一直暖着的人。不知道在我写着这篇文章的时候,他们两位在做什么,过得好不好,心情怎样之类的。。

我一直固执地认为有些人,有些事属于过去,应该让它们都随风而逝,而不要吵醒记忆。但是如果有幸在茫茫人海中和他擦肩而过时能认出来,我想,我会停下脚步。

失散多年的笔友们,你们可好吗?

0 comments:

Post a Comment